Monday, April 30, 2012

If You Like Top Gear and Have Time To Waste...

Don't Stop Me NowDon't Stop Me Now by Jeremy Clarkson
My rating: 3 of 6 stars

Jeremy Clarkson is funny. If you want to see him at his funniest, watch Top Gear (not the crappy American remake).

I read a chapter or two of this book every night before bed, sometimes more. Each is basically the same as a Top Gear car review (and my head read it in Jeremy's voice). It's a fluff piece, but an enjoyable one. I didn't learn too much, though there was a bit more insight into the differences between the expectations of British Petrol Heads and their American equivalents, which was nice.

Pro: Funny (like, laugh-out-loud, wake the wife and read the passage to her funny), sometimes.

Cons: Rambling, off-track much of the time. I can't tell you how irritating it is to have to page back to the chapter head on a Nook once I've realized, nine pages in, that amongst the entertaining descriptions of Norwegian royalty or whatever, I've totally lost the plot. Sometimes he barely names the car he's reviewing.

Long story short: If you need a Top Gear fix, read this. If not, don't bother.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment