Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Weekend Full of Projects

Kim and I really kicked off the homeowner thing this weekend. I bought a bunch of wood and built a work bench, and Kim picked out all the colors for the Master bedroom.

The bench was a joy to do, though I did manage to screw it up. It's basically a 2x4 frame, eight feet long, with two 19/32" plywood shelves. Attached to the back using a 2x3 frame is a pegboard that I had brought with us from the last house (apartment).

My tools are finally up! And, boy, did we need them. Or at least a few of them. Because Kim got a wild hare up her ass and decided it was time to paint the master bedroom. Grey with white trim and a black accent wall, plus pops of yellow, and maybe some other colors. I think it will look great.

I've also moved my desk into the tiny 3rd bedroom, which will eventually be a normal bedroom with a lofted sleeping area.

The bedroom is mostly finished, but will still need a couple coats on the accent wall. I'll post pictures when we're done.

A bit of a tip on painting prep, especially if you like your floors:

I bought a two-foot high roll of brown construction paper (available in the painting aisle) and a few rolls of masking tape. After taping around the perimeter of the baseboards, we papered the entire floor. Judging by the huge number of paint drops and splashes, it was a really good idea.

Oh! and the workout room in the basement is coming along pretty well. The heavy bag's just arrived, and I'll get to hanging that tomorrow morning, probably.

Stay tuned for individual posts about each of these projects.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment